Tuesday, January 18, 2011

London Weather

Today, I just walked around enjoying the sunshine on my face. I found a German bakery called Berlin Delicious that looked delicious, but I couldn't quite understand what they were saying (I'll have to go back with Eric, he speaks German) and I wish my sandwich were toasted. It was a delightful day, nevertheless.
These pictures are proof that today was a sunny day in London.

Blue skies smiling at me, nothing but blue skies.
Sunset from my window.

Now, more about this weather: I don't necessarily think that people lied to me when they told me how "cold" it is in London, that I "need to wear layers and layers of clothes to keep warm." Perhaps they just don't understand what cold means. Perhaps they have never lived in Ohio or Idaho or Colorado, like me. Perhaps they've never had their nose hairs freeze when they stepped outside. Perhaps it's like when I lived in Miami and when it got down to 60°F the natives thought it was cold enough to wear scarves, gloves, hats, and leather jackets. Perhaps I shouldn't have packed 3 really warm coats.

London is not cold. Unless you consider Colorado in April to be cold.

3 comments:

  1. wow ... you should keep your nose hairs trimmed just in case it gets cold there!
    ahhhhhhhhhh sun on your face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you've been updating this a lot! I will definitely be checking your adventures more often. It looks so cool there. I'm jealous of all the things you can walk too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally, I love -30 degree weather. yum. Actually, I walked outside last night, just over to my neighbors, and it was 4. It hurt to breath.

    ReplyDelete